Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You Asked For It!

If you remember my last post, you know that I was "laid-off" back in July. At the time, Brad and I made the decision to do everything in our power to make sure that I was able to stay home full time with the kids. In an effort to live off of one income, I've started shopping at second hand stores, planning our menu and grocery list every week and making as many things from scratch as possible. Those of you've who've known me for longer than a year or so are most likely attempting to pick your jaws up from the floor... I'll give you a moment to gather yourselves; there's MORE. (=

OK... Ready for it? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new life. Who knew financial loss was the ticket to a happier Shellie? Hmmm... Can anyone say, "Blessing in disguise"? After nearly 11 years of marriage, I realized that I really enjoy cooking and baking. AND... I'm not half bad. I can't say that everything I've made has been great, but most of it has at least been edible. I don't know about you, but I consider that a HUGE success.

Since my amazing transformation over the past couple months, I've had several people ask me to share some of my new methods for being frugal. What better place than my blog to get the word out? So, I thought I'd start with a post about menu planning... Stay tuned!

No comments: