Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight and Cocktails with Friends, New and Old...

I'd been looking forward to my Twilight plans for several weeks and I'm happy to say that it was not a disappointment. The movie was not great, as my imagination is far superior to whomever wrote the screen play. They seemed to cram in a whole lot of book into one 2 hour movie, and it just didn't do the novel justice.
After the movie, we headed downtown for some Italian food and a couple cocktails at 15C. While the movie was a let down, the company was superb. I invited myself and my friend, Angie to tag along with my friend, Tarah and several of her girlfriends. I'm making a conscious effort lately to branch out and meet new people - so far, it has paid off in a really positive way. I'm all about personal growth!
I had fun reacquainting myself with a couple High School friends and getting to know Tarah's friends and sisters-in-law, and before long, we seemed to be playing 6 degrees of separation. Colorado Springs will always be a small town for those of us who grew up here. It's fun to learn who knows whom and how...
I try not to re-visit High School often but, in this scenario, it was a lot of fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.
So, cheers to new friends and old. And, to those of you who were unable to join us, here's to next time!

3 comments:

Angie said...

It was a fun night last night for sure!

Here's to many more!

Tarah said...

I'm so glad I didn't let you down!! ; ) It was a lot of fun though...must do it again soon!

Shell said...

You always come through for me, Tarah. I had a blast! (o: